|Wilford Karate School|
|1) Bow when entering and leaving the Dojo (training hall). This is a sign of respectful greeting.|
2) Remove shoes when entering the Dojo.
3) Address all instructors as ‘Sensei’ (teacher).
4) ‘Oss’ is a special salutation used in Karate and it can mean many things, from a simple greeting to an acknowledgement of advice from a Sensei.
5) Permission must be obtained before leaving the class.
6) Any member arriving late should take up a kneeling position at the front of the Dojo and await the Sensei’s permission to join the class.
7) Finger and toenails must be kept short and clean.
8) Gi’s (karate uniforms) must be kept clean and in good condition. Sleeves and trouser legs should be the correct length and must not be rolled-up.
9) Jewellery must not be worn during training. If a ring cannot be removed tape must be wrapped round it.
10) Members must not smoke, swear, chew, spit or undertake any action likely to offend the etiquette of the Dojo.
11) Always try your best. Spirit is more important than strength or technique.
12) When training with a partner good control should be exercised.
I intend to develop myself in a positive manner and avoid anything that could reduce my mental growth
or physical health.I intend to develop self-discipline in order to bring out the best in myself and others.I intend to use what I learn in class constructively and
defensively to help myself and others and never be offensive or abusive.